Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rainy Day, Blog Away

So I decided to dedicate a little time on this rainy day off to update my blog and give some progress notes. As you saw in my last post, I've been conditioning half of my stout in a cooler with a hot jug of water. I just put a bottle I was conditioning in my basement at room temp in the fridge to try out tomorrow.

I unfortunately didn't pick up any new brews today, but I have about 4 of them to put up from the past week or  so.  So here is my stout after about 10 days of conditioning:
head on stout after 10 days
Head on wheat after 7 days
 Just based off this comparison, using corn sugar and monitoring temperature a bit better, there is such a huge difference. I also noted that the initial bitterness when first tested the beer before bottling was almost entirely gone. I'm still tasting some green, so I'll be letting it sit.

I'm still waiting for my first break through batch, that batch you can sit back and enjoy and go "oh man, this is amazing"  When will my break through be?

No comments:

Post a Comment