Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bring on the Beers

Following up from my first post today, here's a few of the beers I've enjoyed over the past week or two:
I've also found that since I found out about Brewstrong! and Brewing TV, my days off are completely wasted.

Stayed local with Slumbrew, and wanted to try something from them. Happy Sol was alright, I really didn't think anything special of it, but I'm always happy to give my money to local breweries.


Monk's Blood! I saw this a few weeks ago and was really excited to try it. My impressions overall? It wasn't  bad, but it always wasn't anything fantastic either. I liked the 8% ABV kick it had, and I could definitely imagine putting a few down in a log cabin somewhere, maybe in some Monks robes.


 Oh Sierra Nevda, I have to admit, I've only tried your famous Pale. It's getting warm around here so of course I am starting to chase the powerful banana notes that Longtrail once gave me. I get more clove out of this hefe, but it was still a solid solid hefe.

Pretty Things. If it wasn't for Reddit, I'd probably pass right past you. I was more than interested in Pretty Things as soon as I found out they were operating out of the old Buzzards Bay Brewery. Anything coming out of there will always have a special place in my heart. I spent many a summer going to Westport to fill my growlers with their fresh fresh beer and laying around all day drinking it. Somehow on my quest to like Belgians I've ended up drinking almost nothing but Belgian. I thought Fluffy White Rabbits was a pretty solid tripel.

No comments:

Post a Comment