Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Carb it up baby!


After a week of my ghetto conditioning chamber, I have yielded some decent results. My stout is still green but I have picture comparisons of the two brews after about 12 days in bottles.
Left: Basement                  Right: Conditioning Chamber
The angles are a bit off, but you can clearly see that the conditioning chamber stout has a larger head on it!
The basement stout also has more of a bitter bite too it, hasn't quite smoothed itself out yet. I let both bottles sit in the fridge for 24 hours so that the carb could soak up into the brew.

This also came in today:

Picked it up for 70 bucks!

Looks like whenever my ferm wrap gets in, I'll  be all set to have a better operation. I plan on using the fermwrap initially to condition the rest of my beer, and then when I brew my wheat in another week or two I'll definitely be using it for ferm control!

My next brew probably won't be the Hefe I so want to brew, as my buddy is deploying in a month and I promised we'd brew something so we could enjoy it when he got back in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment