Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cambridge Brewing Weekapaug Gruit

Score:1
Style:Gruit
ABV: 5%


Have you ever had a beer and wondered "what did I just drink?" well it finally happened to me. I have to be honest and say I didn't really know what a gruit was until I read the bottle to see what it was about.
Herbal beer? sure, why not. As a beer lover, I am always willing to try new things, so why not try out a style used before the mighty little hop came along.

 When I first tasted this thing, I thought interesting, and as each sip progressed I starting thinking, not for me. The best way I can describe this beer as is a grainy malty liquid that I was personally unable to finish.

Now, this isn't an open invitation to just skip over this beer in the store and go on to something else, give it a try maybe a gruit is for you. Keep trying new things, keep on drinking, and enjoy that beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment