Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DC Trip & Bottling

I just got back from a nice relaxing vacation in Washington D.C. Unfortunately I was not able to check out much if any of the beer scene or breweries while I was down there.

I'm into you!
I did however get a chance to try some Flying Dog. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my first beer from Flying Dog. I'm not sure why I went with it. Maybe because I had seen it recently on a episode of Drinking Made Easy, or maybe because I was in Maryland. I got me some Ragin Bitch. I've been trying to get into Belgians more often (since I seemed to develop a biased against them early on) and I figured why not. Ragin Bitch is a Belgian style IPA, interesting I thought. The taste I got from it was even more interesting. Initially you get that Belgian taste ( again, I am no beer critic or taster, but I think most people know what I'm talking about), with floral hoppyness coming in a bit later to give it  a small, but enjoyable bite. Upon further inspection I saw that its ABV is 8.2% and it is pretty hard to tell that its got that much of a bite to it.

Sooo, on to bottling. I went to order my empty bottles, and well shipping sure is expensive. I've decided to go to the local homebrew shop (really 20 miles away) and pick them up myself. I'll be posting all my pictures from bottling up on Friday hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment