Monday, April 2, 2012

Batch #2 Update

So yesterday I racked my brew into secondary, despite all the things I had read about it not really being necessary. I tasted my product and it seems a bit too bitter, I'm just hoping that it will eventually smoothen out in the secondary.Looks like another 2 weeks or so to just sit and wait.
Will you be better than my wheat?

The article I found on Reddit about AB-In Bev pissed me off. I really gotta wonder what kind of tactic that is, I mean who really says the stuff AB VP was saying anyway? It definitely made me ban all AB/IN Bev products from here on out. Not that I really gave them much business anyway but I will miss my Bud Light Limes and Natty Ice! I picked up some Harpoon Rye IPA, and let me tell you, that stuff is absolutely delicious!
I was afraid my perfect pint might explode, pouring a Harpoon offering into a Sam Adams glass, but im still alive.


A good day off!
Please don't look to me to review any kind of beers in-depth giving many flavor notes and hints, because honestly if it didn't tell me on the label I couldn't pick out half of the flavors anyway.

Magic Hat excited me for the first time in a while with their Elder Betty, which is an Elderberry Weiss, but I was a bit disappointed. It was definitely light and crisp, but the elderberry wasn't as prominent as I would have wanted. I think I'll stick to Absolut Boston for my elderberry kick.

Harpoon Rye IPA was a nice aromatic IPA with a crisp finish. The label says spicy characteristic with a complex. balanced body...but to me, its just a nice clean IPA with a crisp finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment