Thursday, October 20, 2011

Conditioning Week 1

A week of conditioning in the books, so I figured it was time to try it out and see how my brew is coming....
the results were as follows...
pre pour, chilled for about 2 hours

The beer taste paired with the alcohol content is there, unfortunately there was little to no head on the beer, aka its not carbonated yet! I bit the bullet and drank an entire flat beer :(

carbonate damn it!
Another week in the dark I suppose. I've moved all the bottles to my fridge and shook them up in an attempt to reactivate the yeast and get it going. I also added a gallon of hot water to help raise the initial temp up and see if that does anything for it, I hope this works! one more week to wait. Also on a side note when I used the carb tabs I used 4 per bottle for a medium carb...well see how that goes.


I also saw some pretty awesome stuff in the NorthernBrewer catalog, and I really want to get a keg system eventually, I saw an awesome picture of a home tap in someone's kitchen.... definitely gonna go in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment